Last Wednesday, 5th of May, Musa Aman after chairing the State Working Committee on Security at Wisma Innoprise was talking to reporters and refuted the claim that Sabah’s Block L and Block M had been ceded to Brunei Darussalam. Musa also told the press that according to the Sabah Attorney General, (Datuk Rhoderic Fernandez) no Sabah territory has been ceded.
Its kind of strange here. As far as I know, on the 20th Jan 2009, Datuk Rhoderic Anthony Fernandez had resigned as Sabah’s top legal adviser. Datuk Fernandez had even told the press during the civil suit hearing for the Goddess of Sea, Mazu statue, in the High Court, Kota Kinabalu, that he had submitted his resignation to Yang di-Pertua Negri Tun Ahmadshah Abdullah. Datuk Fernandez also told the media that his resignation was due to “personal and family reasons” and he gave the impression that it had nothing to do with Tan Sri Chong Kah Kiat’s suit over the revocation of approval for the Mazu statue by Musa Aman.
So if Datuk Rhoderic Fernandez the Sabah Attorney General had resigned, how come Musa Aman is quoting the Sabah Attorney General Datuk Rodric Fernandez ? Is this not strange? Musa is saying that he had spoken to Datuk Rhoderic Fernandez the Attorney-General of Sabah regarding the ceding of three million acres of Sabah’s maritime territory namely Blocks L and M by the Federal Government to Brunei Darusalam. When did Musa speak to Datuk AG? Is Datuk Rhoderic still the AG or is there a new AG Musa is referring to? Seems very mysterious. Or was Datuk Rhoderic’s resignation not accepted by the TYT and hence he is still our AG? If not why are we not told? Why all these secrecy? AG’s position is very important position. The office of the State Attorney-General is a constitutional post and the appointment to the office of the State Attorney-General is made by the Yang di-Pertua Negeri. Musa knows this and I’m sure.
As I said in my earlier article that the ceding of Block L and Block M is unconstitutional because such an act of ceding territory of the State of Sabah in the federation of Malaysia required the consent of the Sabah State Legislative Assembly and the Conference of Rulers and this is stipulated in Article 2 of the Malaysian Constitution.
And according to Datuk Yong Teck Lee the former Chief Minister of Sabah, the only one time that such a consent under Article 2 was given was on March 8, 1984 when the Federal Territory of Labuan Enactment 1984 was passed in the State Legislative Assembly and this caused the downfall of the Berjaya State government headed by Datuk Harris Salleh, then.
I happen to believe that the whole ceding of our territory to Brunei will someday be cited in the history books as one of the worst, most corrupt sleazy, moments in the history of Sabah, and that UMNO and KL have both directly and indirectly encouraged circumstances and events that have put this mess where it is because our government is too stupid, weak and corrupt to do anything other than play along with the bad guys. RM320 BILLION is a lot of money and I think we have been mislead.